in Menston village
- Menston Cares Links. Link people keep local homes informed about Menston Cares. Contact David Brown 873875
- Visiting and Befriending. Contact Shirley Thompson 877266
- Returning Home. Support for those returning home from hospital. Contact Ann Hill 877995
- Odd Jobs. Help with simple jobs from changing a light bulb to fixing a fence. Contact Billy & Margaret Hill 876887
- Strolling for Health. Short walks with company once a fortnight. Contact Doreen Stead 873010
- Menston Good Neighbours. Occasional transport, doctors etc, shopping, collecting prescriptions, etc. Contacts Gwenan Hock 874939, Susan Kennedy 877711, Suzanne Rennie 879181
- Excursions. Outings and shopping trips in Ilkley Community minibus with qualified drivers. Contact Jane Pratt 876945
Contact the Elderly – Menston Group
Arrange monthly tea parties for elderly guests, hosted by residents, provides transport. Contact Jenna Wood, 467014,
0783 798 5703, email email@example.com.
Menston & Burley in Wharfedale Bereavement Care
Menston and Burley have a team of volunteers trained in bereavement care. To speak to someone in confidence call 864405. A member of the team is usually available 10.00am to 12noon on Tuesdays at the Cornerstone cafe, Main Street (next to the Methodist Church).
Senior Citizens Exercise Group
Kirklands Community Centre
Contact: Nancy Pratt 01943 877193
Kirklands Monday Retired Group
Contact: Carol Suddaby (secretary) 01943 876 231
Menston Evening Townswomen’s Guild
Contact: Margaret Brierley, tel 872677.
Menston Men’s Forum
Kirklands, room 17
Contacts: Secretary, Geoff Winter 877832
Registrar, Brian Lockyer 01943 872332
Menston Parish Church Mothers’ Union
Contact: Sheila Glennie, 01943 873 884
Menston Methodist Women’s Fellowship
Methodist Church Rooms.
Contact: Brenda Lawson, 01943 874043
Rainbows, Brownies, Guides
Contact: http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/interested, telephone 08001695901
Scout Network, Explorers, Scouts, Cubs, Beavers
Contact: Roger Banister 01943 874220. GSL@menstonscoutsandguides.uk